Wednesday, September 12, 2007

CHEATERS!!!!!

Thought I'd get that out of the way... And the obvious... agaisnt the Jets? THE JETS? Nothing against them but... really.
The Jets?

It points to... what the Pats did on Sunday was so routine for them that they did it against a team they should've beat by 21 anyway.

My theory. Last season there appeared to be a steep learning curve in play calling by the offense. By the end of the season, it was pretty good. Sometimes a screw up (Miami, first half Chargers), but generally pretty good. Now we know why. I just don't think Josh McDaniels is any where near the offensive coordinator that Charlie Weiss was. I think this is how they were compensating. And I think this stinks. Its a bad crutch to be so dependant on. Also, play calling wins and looses games.

It is true stuff like this has always been going on. Its why catchers call the pitches between their knees, why coaches hold up papers or otherwise cover mouths, why signals are changed for every game. But what the Pats did sounds so blatant and routine. (Against the Jets?)

Its hard to be sorry for a 300 lb guy, but Wilforks bigger than that and I feel bad for him. I feel bad for Hobbes and Vrabel and Thomas and Bruschi. I feel bad for Welker and Brady and Dan (the center). I feel bad for the entire offensive line (those guys are great.) And Green and the rest of the defense. They've been let down. Big time.

I don't want to watch Sunday. I'll think about it. But really, I don't want to watch.

No comments: