Saturday, August 9, 2008

New Pretties

Here's some pretties I made for a client. I wanted to show them off and haven't gotten a flickr account... yet! I just... how many passwords and accounts does one life need? Someday that's how the obituaries will read: Ms Shoeworthy died, known on MySpace as Vapor Shine, Facebook as Ephemeral Lady, on Flickr as 2 D Dame, on the Bloggoshpere as Emma Posting, on Etsy as Hope Listing, and with the Boston Herald Sports Comments Section as Ima Still Mad. The government knew her as Ms Taxable, the banks as Hiya Risk and the assorted job attempts as Better-Luck-Next-Time, LOL! The three active e-mail services knew her as CyberSal, AnnieInternet, and T, respectively. Cause of death was identity overload. Unfortunately there will be no burial... a body was never found.


I'm not real happy with the photos... of course. But they were fun! It is the chinese woman symbol. I carved it out of wax, its been molded and this is a 14k yellow gold casting. The pendant is teeeeeeenie! But cute. Cute can be teenie too.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahah, that's why I have the same username for almost everything. And the jewelry is soo cute!

Chris Stone said...

Thanks Kate! I know... I should do that... I will... sometime!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pieces!...and no flicker for me either:) and for the same reasons...although I am now thinking about Google's new Picasa version of Flicker.

Michelle H. said...

Oh God, it is so true about the cyber-obits. And not only that, but they will be written in text code: LOL, BTW, IMHO.

You should be happy with the photos, especially the second one. It's beautifully done!

Unknown said...

I seriously have tears in my eyes from laughing so hard at your ALL TOO TRUE description of a future cyber obit. Sadly I have about 15 online presences (including 4 email accounts, holy crap!) but luckily most are the same user name. Flickr comes with Yahoo though so if you have a Yahoo account setting up Flickr will not add to your list, per se.

Gorgeous pendant, your work always amazes me :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
GalleryJuana said...

I love these! ...especially the earrings. Your posts are always so entertaining.

Suldog said...

Very funny stuff about the identities. Wish I had thought of it!

Good-looking pendant, of course. And, you're right, teensie can be cute (and vice-versa.)

Anonymous said...

haha cyber obits! I'm rolling over here! That is so true.

And I love your pendant! It is beautiful.

Rosebud Collection said...

I must admit, you sure do have a bunch of addresses to go to..whew! I am lucky I can handle my little blog..Your jewelry is lovely..what a nice job you did.

SandraRee said...

That's too funny, and you're very talented, love your jewelry!

Thanks for visiting me! :)

Cthings said...

That is cool! Very beautiful piece!

Gina - RoseThistleArtworks said...

LOL So perfectly put about the identity disclosure upon death! You really made me laugh. I'm linking to this post on my blog. I love the jewelry. Beautiful!