Monday, February 9, 2009

P. S.

Here's the pic I deleted off my post last night. The picture of my Tree House pendant was just not good at all. This is another of those models of mine I never made much of. The problem is in the texture, which i love. But. I'd need to redo it deeper for it to survive molding and recasting.

My goal in scrummaging through my odds and ends is to sell stuff that is just sitting there. But, ah, I like my tree house pendant! When you are molding stuff... you never have to say goodbye. The model is always with you. But if you sell the model? Its gone. Its history. However for me to keep it is rather silly as I seldom wear jewelry! *gets in my way.* Maybe a good bye old friendly chunk of metal type ceremony would help....

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love this pendant.

love it. love it love it love it.

GalleryJuana said...

Selling the model must be like selling a drawing? That would be hard to do, but I have been thinking of doing the same. I can't keep everything.

Cool tree pendant.

david mcmahon said...

Thank you for the kind comment you left on my bushfire post.

Your craftwork is amazing, Chris.

Make the absolute most of this wonderful talent.

Jamie said...

No! I LOVE this pendant! It is one of my favorites of your designs. You should make more. The tree is beautiful and I want to live in the tree house. This is a keeper Chris.

Do you want me to bottle up some Spring and send it your way?:)

Love, Jamie

Unknown said...

Simply beautiful :) the work on this is so awesome but then I'm always blown away by your talent :)

Suldog said...

What would you charge for a piece like this?

Chris Stone said...

Jamie... i so need some spring.

thanks everyone!

suldog... generally my pricing is based on cost of production. but for selling a model... can't do that! models are expensive time wise to make. i don't remember how long this took... but its the carving of the wax and then cleaning up the silver casting. so if i sell a model i just pot shot it. haven't figured out what to sell this for yet.

juana, yes i imagine it is like selling a drawing... not for me tho! lol. my drawings are rather... er... rudimentary.

Anonymous said...

I love that pendant!!!