Sunday, July 5, 2009

Indecision...

I have a bunch of small glass boxes. About 40 I think. The boxes are big enough for a small ring, or some pennies. I had these boxes made up with the plans for lids, and have finally started on them! Because I only have so many boxes, I'm thinking on only molding one design. So of these two lids, which do you like best? i haven't finished them so its kinda unfair to ask. And I'm thinking on doing one more design. *The finished lids will be in brass or bronze... or maybe even "pink" silver. (Pink silver has a high copper content, and is not .925 sterling silver.)


Both of these designs I've done before. I've used this particular house motif in drawings, earrings and a pendant. I have also made a My Town ring. The house motif is pretty iconic. Some day I'll sit down and try to verbalize why I keep returning to this, my particular version of it.

5 comments:

CSD Faux Finishing said...

Unfinished or not I really like both of them. If forced to pick however I'd say go with the tree house. Just MHO. It does look familiar, think you've posted something with that design before...???

Chris Stone said...

Hey Jenn, I just linked some previous posts. I need to organize my blog sometime!

Sorry i've been such a delinquent blogger lately. can't shake this thick feeling of blah.

Suldog said...

Well, a simple explanation could be that it is a pretty thing, something nice to look at, so why not keep returning to it? New and different isn't always best or desirable.

GalleryJuana said...

Both are well done.

Although, I love trees, for some reason, I am drawn to the one with houses only.

It is really a tough choice though.

Chris Stone said...

thanks for the input!