Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Walkies

I have never been a successful exerciser. While I am fairly active, (rode a bicycle from Arkansas to San Francisco once), to pointedly do something for the production of sweat seems not to be a part of my make up... Recently I purchased an Elipse or Eclipse or whatever (an exercise thing.) It holds my clothes and clotheshangers fairly well. Once or twice a week I bicycle down a bike path, approximately 30 miles total, for coffee. If there wasn't a coffee at the turn around spot and a fun bullshit session on Patriots football, I'm not sure I'd do it. Weelll. probably. But you get the point. However with time and time's lament and saggy baggy gravity and the whole bit... I go walking. The last refuge of this hopeless indolent. Here's 2 pictures from my standard walk to the library...

They are tearing down the old police station for a parking lot. (?) I wish they'd put in a park, but that's just me. If I win the lottery I'll buy that spot and make a park. Okay?

And I can't help it. I covet those bricks. Those old soft looking bricks. I want to bring them home with me. Perhaps I identify.

1 comment:

Chris Stone said...

um. That bike ride to San Fran? was a million years ago. History is important though... I suppose...