Monday, November 26, 2007

Contributing Karma

Okay. I do have an ulterior motive. I want my kitties home. My 2 missing kitties are the sweetest misfits in the universe. My kit-cats, the jigsaw pieces that make the rest of the puzzle okay, are gone... through a mistakenly left open door over a long weekend. I think the desire to alter the outcome of events that we, pathetic collective microorganisms that we are, has a long and convoluted pedigree. That's okay as far as I'm concerned... at least in its mushiest, humanest form. I have less tolerance for the more diadactic desires.... but that's not what I'm wanting. I want the lighted candles kind of hope. You know, like, the "end war" kind? The kind that happens in parks that folks drive by and say those peace people are just nuts. I guess the common part is hope and.... frantic wandering.

Contributing karma. How to make someting better that you have little to no control over. Shaking a kitty treat bag while calling and walking about the neighborhood... how much help is that? What can be done to overcome the fear.... I freely admit. I'm trying to generalize to ignore the very specific and personal worry.... How about taping a "life" symbol on my forehead? I store my lottery tickets under it.

But. My contribution to karma... to tip the balance to fit my needs will be to go sit in the rain near my back porch for my cats, and cross my fingers for peace.

*The kitters are home now. Yeah! I finally enticed the last of the wayward ladies back Thursday night.

No comments: