Wednesday, November 7, 2007

difficulty walking...

Thought I'd update... after spending a totally unreasonable amount of time on Patriot football related blogs in the past couple of days... was that a game, or what? What is really funny is. I go to watch the games in a bar. (Don't own a t.v. Yes, I'm one of THOSE.) The bar I go to has good beer and reasonable prices, an unbeatable combination for me. I'm willing to crank my neck up to watch the game at the goal post heights they place the t.v.s... jeesh. Again, good beer. But this fellow sat next to me that was there during the.... ah... how to phrase it... ah.... that thing that happened during the AFC thing last year......!!! It was absolutely horrible, which would be clarification enough to any Pats fan. So during the third quarter I'm thinking. What if this is bad luck? What if MY sitting here is in any small way jinxing...

So I started braiding my hair. It's the least a beer swilling middle aged broad could do. And IT WORKED! (snickers uncontrollably) Before heading off to stress test my neck, I attempted yet again a football thread at etsy.com. I called it "difficulty walking." Due to, well, the crossed fingers and crossed toes. Hence the braiding of the hair. You know, I'm not gonna cross toes while watching Pats football! Neither will I cross fingers while drinking beer. Etiquette.

But the comedic relief from the past few days are: Harrison slapping a ref on the rear. Is Harrison and Seau sharing a water bottle? Seau's splaying of his arms like a vaudville extra after an interception was tough to beat, but Harrison's competitive instincts pulled him through. Also, a comment on an ArmchairGM post comparing "Dungy is to Belichick as Mother Theresa is to Osama Bin Ladan." My computer screen will never be the same. A turban might improve Belichick's apparel... dunno and don't care. The guy wins games and players respect him. But Dungy in a habit? (I sell "LOL" earrings, by the way.) Another post that amused me. And it also informed me about the blindness of attitudes. A NFLgridion post basically questioned the appropriatness of the Pats to accuse the Colts of cheating (with piped in sound.) And I'm like, who better to question a team but the team that just beat them? Really. ("WTF" earrings aren't currently in stock.) ("doh" earrings are, however.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you going to braid your hair next Sunday? My husband gave me a Brady shirt for my birthday last year but every time I wore it, they lost. Needless to say, it's in the closet this season. Maybe I can only wear it off-season. Go Pats!

Chris Stone said...

I knew there was a reason the Pats lost the AFC championship! But really I think you'll be safe wearing the jersey during the Jets and the Miami games. However, the Jets players might accidently board a bus going to Tiajuana instead of Foxboro, (I would if I were them.) And during the first play of the Miami game Jason Taylor of Miami is going to look across the line at Brady and say, "Ya wanna beer?" Brady will say sure but give us 3 touchdowns first, at which point Moss will speak up and say 4. A deal will be struck, they will go through the motions for the first half racking up necessary lopsided points, go into the lockerroom and out the back door to the nearest pub. The game will be finished by the cheerleaders dressed in the discarded helmets and pads. The few remaining fans will not notice the difference as they will be too sloshed and busy practicing earsplitting screams for the next time the Colts play at Foxboro.