Sunday, November 8, 2009

"I Drink Beer"

"to clear my mind..."

**lol. not to celebrate overindulgence, as it were, though it is a bit unclear. This being after a New England Patriots game and all. One in which I had a career high of 2 spilt beers in one half of play. Understandably, it was the second half. I do not remember a previous incidence of spilt beer, including falling over a couch, beer in hand and not one drop wasted. There was one (sad) sack moment of me pouring a glass of wine on a guy's head. But that's wine. And after a play play, not a football game.**

**I'm of that time frame where bouncers would laugh at fake ID's, and as long as the hair color was okay so were you. I think. I never was of the officiating crew but they seemed to be motivated by number of players in the field, and the longer the hair the better.**

**I have fallen off a barstool. Which could count as a false start, but was totally unrelated to football or overindulgence or beer spilt. And it was in the theatre district of Boston, not a sports bar.**

**Maroney (39) had a good day today. And I do believe he counted an assist of one of the beer spills. So did Moss and Watson and Tully Hyphen. What I like about Tully Hyphen is, he lost his Super Bowl ring in the Providence Place Mall and it was returned to him. That's a kick, for sure.**

Getting back to beer. Here's the thing. I was finishing up a penny pendant this weekend, and listened to Dan Reeder's "Sweetheart" album.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

They sure are doing better than I thought they would this season. I about wrote Tom off at the start of the year but the team came together and it looks like they have a real chance! I hope when you fell it was onto your bum and not your back lol!

Suldog said...

Wouldn't it be great fun (and sort of satisfying considering The-Super-Bowl_Whose-Number-Does-Not-Ever-Get-Said-In-New-England) if the Pats knocked BOTH Indy and New Orleans from the ranks of the unbeaten.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...