Friday, January 18, 2008

The Gold Standard

My mother wants a pendant... which is nice... in gold. I sent her a sketchy sketch of a design I thought she might like... and here are my 2 models from that design. (Carved into wax and cast into sterling silver. The models are not polished and do not have any antiquing agent applied... because they are models and will be recasted.) The first model adheres closer to my original design but I wasn't totally happy with it. The textured jump ring I made in the second picture would go with it also.

And here is my second attempt... I'm happier with it but think I might offer it to her as a silver... Gold is just soooooo expensive. I can't quite see this in gold either... I think a few more salamander and flower carvings are in my future!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooo, this is gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! The textured jump ring is brilliant, love the fern like texture of it!

Chris Stone said...

Thank you so much girl!

The Bookish Life said...

this is a beautiful design!

Unknown said...

SOOOOO pretty!!! I love the second one because the carving is so detailed (including the intricate jump ring!) but both are just beautiful! your work just amazes me :)