Sunday, January 13, 2008

Positive Omens...

Okay maybe I'm stretching this a bit. But when a car ran into the side of the pub where I was watching the Pats game last night, I took it as a positive omen. It was around the first part of the third quarter... I'm not sure exactly as I was watching the freaking game. I do know there was a kickoff going on. There was a smash and a "Wow" unrelated to happenings on the screen. I looked over and a car's turn signal was poking through a window. I didn't go out and survey the scene... And when someone came back and commented on this I was like... Game time. I may be just a Pats fan but I can be focused too.

I kinda hate to admit this but I pretty much thought the Pats would win. Even after the slowish start. That's what perfect seasons do to folks! I did have a fear though... that it would be some kind of catastrophic blood bath and the field would be littered with bodies. All week long I've been reading about how "physical" the Jags are and the horrible unspeakable second half of last year's catastrophic end of season is scorched in my worst dread memory file. As it turned out, the only casualty from last night's game that I could see was this...

*and I don't like No Parking signs anyway.* GO PATS!

3 comments:

CSD Faux Finishing said...

I love to hear of strange coincidence, as if the blinker was indicating the "turn" of the game back our way. Ah, that is just what we needed! I was a little afraid too but as you said, a perfect season can create a confidence unmatched :) Hope everyone involved in the accident was ok!

Anonymous said...

The first half was a grind and then it got better. Poor Indy, huh? So sorry Peyton. Maybe next year.

Chris Stone said...

Oh sorry. Yes the lady driving was okay... though the car was only 4 days old! Apparently she was making a turn and was hit from behind by another car.

Looking at my post now I see I should edit out a "catastrophic." One at least. But this time of the year everything seems catastrophic... so... ah in the interest of essence I'll dare redundancy.